Counsel on Transparency and Governance
Yemen . Horn of Africa
Who are We
TraGov is a professional campaigner, pressure group and developer for improved institutional governance, transparency and adaptable policies in Yemen and Horn of Africa.
We provide world class issue campaigns, leadership of institutional development and programmes management. We work with the governments, private sector and civil society organizations. We are also highly responsive to selected humanitarian needs
TraGov is registered in Yemen # 3573 and through partners in the region
is the recovery of institutions in target sectors with improved qualities, governance and transparency structures.
- Enhanced stability through structured incorporation of world class governance an transparency solutions in targeted sectors.
- Participation of civil society in political public policies and the design and recovery of institutions.
- Stability development through political conciliation, management of difference and democratization.
- Rapid response to humanitarian needs assessments, deployment of responses management of restricted funds.
Our approach to influence and drive change is through
* High caliber pressure groups to advocate, develop and mentor
* Benchmarking of performance standards and Indicators
* Mentoring at all levels for institutional capacity building
* Management of projects and topical technical assistance
- Stability development, conflict management and peace building through political, socioeconomic and bridging solutions
- Accountable governance by government and alias institutions
- Transparency of policies, practices and evaluations
- Public financial management and overall corporate governance
- Civil society empowerment and policy making participation
- Gender planning, budgeting and evaluations
- Response to humanitarian needs
Target Sectors and Locations
- Political stability, management of differences and institutional recovery solutions
- Transparency of public and corporate practices
- Governance of recovery projects
- Promotions of performance and ethical standards
- Engagement of civil society
- Capacity building and awareness raising campaigns
- Deployment of humanitarian responses
- Yemen (operational and partners)
- Horn of Africa (partners)
What We Do
Ministry of Trade
* Ongoing campaign to improve regulation and prudence of corporate financial reporting
* Lobbying towards adaptation of international accounting and reporting standards to improve quality and transparency of financial reports.
Prime Ministerial Office
Pressure groups to lobby for enactment of special municipal procedures to interpret laws open for mixed interpretations
What We Do
Civil Society Organizations
Network of Allied Societies
* Organizational capacity building .
Campaign for Improving Civil Society Participation
* Forums and dialogue to improve communication between CSOs and the local authorities in Aden and Lahj
* Management of ACT - Aden Catastrophe Trust Fund
Abdulla A Basahi, Chief Executive Officer
Abdulla has substantial experience in programme leadership, management consulting and campaigndelivery, which has been established through a strong focus on his clients over the last 20 years. Over that period, he has gained in depth knowledge in governance and designing/ implementing strategic solutions to address challenging development campaigns, business solutions and institutional reforms of both government and private clients. As a holder of senior management roles in Frank Russell, Alcatel Australia and Arthur Anderson together with leadership of regional donor funded projects, he provided services include corporate assessments, programme evaluation and leadership of reform campaigns. He is a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand, CPA Australia and the Australian Chartered Institute of Management. He holds BSc (Hons) 2:1 from Robert Gordon University in Scotland, MBA in Finance from University of Technology Sydney and MA in Community Development from Deakin University, Australia
Seraj D Mehla, Communications Manager
Seraj is an experienced corporate communicator and fundraiser. Having served in the public and private sectors in Sril Lanksa and UAE for over twenty five years, he brings his experience in campaigns development for greater transparency and accountability in the government and corporate sectors. He holds the degree of Bachelor Science in Business Administration from Bangalore University.
Ahmed Basundwa , Regional Manager
Ahmed is an experienced corporate banker and regional fundraiser. Having served in the Gulf banking sectors i for over twenty years, he brings his experience in development and accountability in the government and corporate sectors. He holds the degree of Bachelor of Accountancy from Cairo University.
Zerina Yousef, Programmes Development Manager
Zerina is an experienced technical assistance manager and proposal developer. She worked in development for may years including Merlin, VSO UK and Oxfam International. She holds MSc in development studies at the University of Susses in Brightom, UK.
Mohammed A Basaleh, Treasurer
Mohammed is an experienced financial manager, with previous posts in the private sector, charity organizations and tax authority. He holds a BTEC diploma in accounting.
Manager Gender Equity on Transparency and Accountability. Vacant
Panel of Governors
Mohammed Abdulla Saeed - Modernization of Public Sector Management
Mohammed is a nominated moderator in organizational design and assessment. Thirty years of experience in the development of pay structures, bylaws and executive regulations to government civil service and the private sectors. A former expatriate to International Labour Organizations, World Bank local administration projects and commercial enterprises. He holds a BA in management from Baghdad University and professional courses in public management from USA, France and Poland. He is a member of number of international committees and due diligence
forums in UK, USA and Germany.
Clare E Boulder - Management of Political Difference
Clare is an international expert in democratization with more than thirty years of proven experience in facilitation of dialogues in west Africa. She served as peace promoter and then executive think Tank Aspire in Ghana. She was a renowned publisher in prominent newspapers, leader of peer group discussions and a lecturer in number of training outlets. She holds MA in English Literature from Keele University in UK.
Caroline Bissette - Early Recovery Development
Caroline is a practitioner in international campaigns to strengthen transparency of governments in the region. She is a former Arthur Andersen Partner in Paris in mergers and acquisitions and corporatisation of government economic enterprises. She holds MBA from Insead Spain and professional designation from the Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy in the UK
Qais Mohammed Maisary - Ethics Development
Qais is a nominated legal and corporate ethics advisor. He provides development services to a number of corporate, government and professional bodies. Qais also provides strategic and business management services to organizations in a range of industries, including fast-moving consumer goods, and financial planning. Qais was previously a senior manager of legal affairs at the Public Telecommunication Corporation. He holds LLM in Commercial Law from Bucharest University and a designation by Yemen Bar Association.
James Beck (external nominee) - Corporate Governance
James is a nominated external moderator and Managing Director of Effective Governance. Effective Governance is a spec1alist governance firm, committed to helping boards to add value and improve organizational performance through education, research and advocacy for good governance.As a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers,he previously held the role of Education Leader for five years.
TraGov - Counsel on Transparency & Governance
24 A Corniche Abyan, Khormaksar, Aden, Yemen.
Telephone +967 2 275085 Fax +967 2 231672 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries - Zerina Yousehf at email@example.com
For management - firstname.lastname@example.org
For careers - email@example.com
For finance department - M Basaleh at firstname.lastname@example.org
To report abuse or concerns please contact our internal auditor at email@example.com
Aden Catastrophe Trust
TraGov has established a special restricted fund to repond to the recent pandemics and flash floods in Aden
for any information regarding the Trust please use the phone contacts
Telephone +967 2 275085 Fax +967 2 231672
WhatsUp inquires +00967734439586
To donate or inquire please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org